It's strange the way things work out, but they do work out in the end

------------------------------------

Sunday 6 July 2008

The Triumph, the Tragedy and the Tears

This post is somewhat two-fold as our beloved efx2 is having trouble again.

But, to the point: Another brilliant series of Doctor Who comes to an end. And what an end! Shakespeare couldn't conjure tragedy like that lot can. I was on the verge of tears at the end.

Oddly, it wasn't until watch Doctor Who Confidential that a tear was actually shed, when they replayed the ending, only this time backed by the heart rending Hoppipolla by Sigur Rós:



Brosandi (smiling)
Hendumst í hringi (spinning in circles)
Höldumst í hendur (holding hands)
Allur heimurinn óskýr (the world is a blur)
nema þú stendur (except when you're standing)

Rennblautur (dripping wet)
Allur rennvotur (completly soaked)
Engin gúmmístígvél (no rubberboots)
Hlaupandi í okkur (running inside of us)
Vill springa út úr skel (wants to burst out of the shell)

Vindur í (wind in)
og útilykt ? af hárinu þínu (and the smell of your hair)
Ég lamdi eins fast og ég get (i hit as hard as i can)
með nefinu mínu (with my nose)
Hoppa í poll (jumping into a puddle)
Í engum stígvélum (wearing no boots)
Allur rennvotur (rennblautur) (completely soaked (dripping wet))
Í engum stígvélum (wearing no boots)


Og ég fæ blóðnasir (and i get a nosebleed)
En ég stend alltaf upp (but i'll always stand up again)


Og ég fæ blóðnasir (and i get a nosebleed)
En ég stend alltaf upp (but i'll always stand up again)


I can't wait till Christmas!

Ooh, and I just came across this rather fine cover by We Are Scientists:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep meaning to pick up a Sigur Ros album, and just never get around to it...

... nice.

MABrock1980 said...

Easily remedied...

texican412 said...

Hmm...I left a comment the other day and it didn't post. Weird.

I had to wait until Monday to download the last epi of Doctor Who and didn't want to read this post until I had seen it. I even downloaded Confidential. I'd never bothered with Confidential before as Sci-Fi doesn't carry it. Now, I wish they did.

What a frackin' fantastic episode! The last few have been some of my favorites. I'll be chomping at the bit until Christmas.

MABrock1980 said...

Hmm...it didn't alert me to this comment. Also weird :/ I got two when Twisty posted...

Given the way the last series ended, I struggle to see how they can keep it up for much longer with Tenant as the Doctor, but I'm certainly looking forward to finding out!