It's strange the way things work out, but they do work out in the end

------------------------------------

Saturday 8 September 2007

A Sad Farewell to efx2 (for now...)

Today the users of efx2 have been forced to don their black armbands and salute a half-masted flag as we say s'long to our fallen server. Yes, there were bad times amoungst the good, but overall it was happy blog. A friendly blog. A blog of love and creativity and such like.

And if I get my hands on the dickless, scum-sucking shit-lickers who abused our site and forced the server's closure, I'll beat them to death with their own kidneys!

And so, here I am again, back where I started on blogger (sans the innumerable posts that have been lost to the ether...), older, wiser and hopefully more committed to the cause of blogging.

Not much has changed since last time. I'm still writing (slowly); I'm still unemployed (though have been employed at certain points) and I'm still stuck in the sundered land of Sunderland, working feverishly on an escape plan.

My latest involves going to college, getting qualifications and making another stab at university; the significant difference this time being I'm aiming to do something I really want to! I'm studying English Literature, English Language and Psychology for the next year, with hopes of studying English at university. Where? I don't know, but preferably somewhere outside of the north-east.

So, that's where I'm now at. More shall follow...

10 comments:

Welsh Pixie said...

Wheeeee!

Caroline M Davies said...

And a cwtsh from me since I can't work out how to send one from Facebook.

cherreh said...

I wish I could study English literature. I'd just love to meet some person in a bar and when asked what I'm studying, be able to say, "English literature".

So... you'll be a psychologist? Or maybe a writer? Or both?

cherreh said...

Why did I say "bar"??

I'm Australian. That's shocking.
Down with Americanisation. It's all because of APEC. PUB! PUB! Carn!

MABrock1980 said...

Gosh darn those Americanisms!

To be able to say "I'm studying English and Psychology" is even better ;)

I've contemplated psychology at university, but I'm trying to be a writer. Maybe I'll be swayed when I start the college course...

Kelly Ann said...

Looks good in here and I think I fixed my blog skin, lemme know. :)

Dee Jay said...

I like what you've done with this place!

*hops on a table and whistles*

cherreh said...

My mate has been plugging away at psychology for a few years now, bit by bit. He's a ridiculously talented guitarist, and joined my college for a while to be a rockstar, but the call of psychology was too strong and he went back.

We lost a guitar god to you people.
I hope you're happy.

*pouts*

MABrock1980 said...

I've heard of the pull of rock calling people away from their studies, but never the other way around. If your mate would let education get in the way of rock god-dom, then maybe it was never meant to be.

Woman of Feathers said...

Just follow the flow of life ... and let it take you where you must go ... now ... if we only had a crystal ball to tell us where that was ... hmmmmmm

That's right darlin' ... here is where the refugees go till their home is whole again ... *WoF flies around bebbet's head a few times ... dropping a feather or two* ... heehee