It's strange the way things work out, but they do work out in the end

------------------------------------

Saturday 20 September 2008

Please tell me this is a joke...?!

O...kay...

As I mentioned earlier, I can't get a TV signal where I curently reside, so I'm reduced to using the BBC's 'iPlayer' to keep up with my favourite TV. While browsing said site this evening, I came across something that has left me bewildered.



From the network that brought us such greatness as Doctor Who, Never Mind the Buzzcocks and Life on Mars, we get d-list (and below) 'celebrities' dressed in silver lycra, trying to fit through a hole in a moving wall, all in the name of charity and entertainment.

Having browsed YouTube for the above - if only to clarify that I haven't fallen into some whiskey-induced hallucinogenic coma - I've found this exists as a Japanese show. No surprise there.

However, I've also found that there are both American and Australian versions of this incomprehensible shit.

I know our respective societies have been spiralling down the pughole for some time now, but I had, in my most fevered imaginings, never thought we'd fallen this far.

Excuse while I assume the foetal possition beneath my bed...

No comments: