It's strange the way things work out, but they do work out in the end

------------------------------------

Saturday 20 September 2008

Fortunate Son



It has been a long time since I had a social life, so it feels kinda strange having my first night off for a week.

As I said previously, last Saturday I was out with friends, Sunday I was driving into the night and Monday I was out with housemates, among others.

Monday was, by some distance, the most exercise I've done for about two years, so Tuesday was spent in some pain. In fact, my calves were sore for two whole days.

Tuesday, my housemates and I stayed in for drinking, chatting and 'getting to know you'.

Wednesday was back out to a club where I got to know one of my housemates particularly well. Before anyone gets any ideas, she has a boyfriend, but we certainly bonded.

Thursday was even more clubbing and bonding, this time involving a stripper-pole. I never knew I could hang upside down from one of those, but I suppose it's something to bare in mind should finances go south...

Returning home at around 2:30, said housemate and I were up for over an hour nattering, eating and nattering, all of which meant I didn't wake up till 8:58 on Friday morning, which, seeing as I was supposed to be at uni to read out the piece I'd written as a result of Wednesday's field-trip at 9:15, wasn't good.

Nevertheless, I somehow made it and all went well. There are some damned good writers on my course...

Eep.

The session fortunately finished early, so I had time to come home and revive myself with a shower before heading back in to take advantage of the free food and drink on offer. Usually these things consist of coke/lemonade and a few sandwiches and canapés. On offer at this one was a free bottle of soft-drink or booze and lasagne (beef or veggie), Chinese or Balti, all piping hot, fresh and beautifully prepared.

I had the lasagne with a bottle of Bud, and a box of popcorn for desert.

With two housemates going home for the weekend, I figured last night would be night off, so settled in with a bottle wine. That was until about 10 when I was invited to one of the kitchens upstairs (there are two on every floor) for a 'Mexican-themed' party (they had rice and and Doritos). The glass or two of wine I planned on relaxing with ended up becoming the whole bottle and it was about 1 when I finally got to bed.

I slept in this morning, did some shopping this afternoon and have just finished eating pizza, drinking coffee and watching Die Hard 4.0 (featuring the above-posted track from Creedence Clearwater Revival). I'm now going to pour myself something alcoholic and watch a DVD before turning in for the night.

No comments: