It's strange the way things work out, but they do work out in the end

------------------------------------

Tuesday 17 February 2009

Long Lost Movie Moments of Yester-Year

One thing I've found since coming back to university and being surrounded by 18 year-olds is that a lot of the films I consider classics, that I cannot imagine my library being without, are unheard of to the majority of my peers. The Crow, for example.

Even the few that have been heard of, have never been seen. I was floored by the number of people who'd never seen Pulp Fiction. Many hadn't seen a single Tarantino film!

The upside is, it's fun to introduce people to my childhood, as I did tonight by watching the original Transformers: The Movie with a friend. Admitedly, I do cringe at some of the overboard 80s cheese, but for the most part, it still makes me giddy.

One thing I hadn't realised before was just how different the theme tune was. Obviously I knew they'd hair-metalled up the original, but only when listening to the two together did I realise what an impressive piece of musical adaptation it was:





It's even received a more modern update:

No comments: